If you are looking for fun things to keep your kids busy this summer, there’s no shortage of activities around here! But the problem is how do you find them? For me, I feel like it’s shopping in TJ MAXX where everything is a cluster fuck and you have to dig through it all. For example, I found this great magazine the other day with activities, but I literally had to go through the book for an hour highlighting and crossing stuff out to pick the ones in or around Newport Beach and also to pick the ones worth doing! Hoping my website and blog can help everybody else who is in the same boat, and make it easier to navigate! So here are my top things to check out this summer …
1. July 13-August 12 | THE OC FAIRThe fair is open for 23 days this summer and offers everything from food, rides, farm animals, kids exhibits, shopping, and music! Normally i can’t stand the fair with the large crowds and crazy prices – however last year we were pleasantly surprised by going mid week at opening time when it wasn’t crowded or too hot. We donated a bunch of kids books and also got free admission.
2. June 25- August 17 | SUMMER CRAFTS FOR KIDS This is located up in San Juan Capistrano at the Mission, however well worth the drive. Monday – Friday from 11am to 1pm kids can do some amazing crafts for only $5 per craft or choose 3 crafts for $10. Great deals and lots of fun!
3. July 5- September 1 | LAGUNA BEACH FESTIVAL OF ARTSLots of music, food and art of course. They also have lots of stuff for the kids and they will love it! Laguna locals are free, otherwise admission is $10-15 for adults and $5 for children.
4. July 24- August 5 | SCHOOL OF ROCK AT SEGERSTROM CENTER FOR THE ARTSBased on the movie this play is super fun for kids with a live rock band on stage.
6. Tuesdays June 19 – August 1 | KALEIDO KIDS IN MISSION VIEJO Free summer activities every Tuesday from 11:30am-12:30pm and the last day is a carnival to support make a wish foundation.
7. July – September 3 | PRETEND CITYAlthough they are open all year, during the summer they have a special building exhibit where kids can build explore and draw!
8. June – September | BOWLING SEASON PASSBowlmor is located at the district and although the address says Tustin it’s right off Barancca and Jamboree and really isn’t far at all. Kids of all ages can buy a summer pass and can do 3 sets of bowling per day through the entire summer. Passes start at $30.00
9. June 19- July 31 | TINY TOTS PARENT AND METhis is a 6 week class in Dana point on Tuesday’s from 9:30am-10:30am for kids 2-3 years old. Exploring animals and crafts! Register online.
10. June – August | OC ASTRONOMERS Located at the Heritage museum in Santa Ana near the airport. The First Friday of the month kids can come for FREE and learn about the stars, space and more with a real telescope and crafts. 7:30-9:30pm
11. June – September | FAMILY SCIENCE SUNDAYLocated at the Newport Bay Preserve center, every last Sunday of the month for kids 2-1o years old from 10am – 3pm. This is FREE and offers, crafts, exhibits and hikes
12. June- July 1 | CORN FESTIVAL TANAKA FARMS Food, drinks, games, wagon rides and CORN! Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm FREE
13. June 19- July 1 | GREEK FESTThe best greek food around, kids activities, and carnival. Located Saint Paul’s Greek Orthodox church off Alton in Irvine. Adults $3 and kids are FREE. Friday, Saturday and Sunday open at 12pm and goes until about 9/10PM
14. Open through labor day | BUCCANEER COVEThis waterpark is at boomers in Irvine right off the 405 freeway. Kids can get a season pass for just $29.99, parents are $5.00 and the little ones are FREE. Buccaneer Cove is a super-sized water play area that’s five levels high with slippery slides, wet tunnels, spray loops and a huge splash bucket.
15. May 27 – Labor Day | NEWPORT DUNES AQUATIC FUN PARKPerfect beach area for the little ones with no waves and lots of toys and water floating activities for the older ones! They also have paddle boarding and a fun slide in the water! Admission is $25.00 for non guests and they open at 10/11am depending on the day.
16. July 8 | FAMILY ART DAY IN LAGUNA Tons of fun family art projects for kids. When you arrive the kids get a coupon book for special activities and treats! The kids event is from 12pm-3pm and kids under 12 are FREE
18. July 13 | ANIMALS IN MY BACKYARD OC ZOOThis is for kids 3-4 years old to meet the animals up close and do crafts, and hands on learning! Cost is $5.00 and $3.00 parking. Registration is required by phone (weird) 714. 973.6846
MOVIES IN THE PARK | NEWPORT BEACHJune 22- Despicable me at Buffalo Hill’s ParkJuly 27- Ferdinand the Bull at Cliff Drive ParkAugust 24- Coco at Grant Howald Park September 21- Cars 3 at Channel Place Park
CONCERTS ON THE GREEN | NEWPORT BEACHEvery Sunday from 6:30pm-7:30pm at the main Newport Beach library on the grassy area! Check the website to see what band is playing and make sure you bring a lawn chair and blanket! So fun
Hope you all have a great summer and if you love what you read please share my blog with your friends! xo-Megan
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.