A friend of mine and local orange county mama, makes this amazing Elderberry syrup from scratch! She only uses raw organic honey from an Irvine farm and organic elderberries! Apparently elderberries are the magic ingredients here and they have been using them to cure the common cold for centuries! But when you buy it with preservatives and have to add shelf life to a product i think that’s when the magic starts to fade away. So ordering from this local mama you are sure to get the real deal delivered right to your door (if your local that is)
She recommends kids take one teaspoon daily for prevention and 4 times a day if they are sick! I will totally be using this in the winter to avoid the colds flying around! It is also great for adults and dosage is a little higher!
The small jar sells for $15.00 and the large jar is $20.00 – Delivery is FREE for local orders! And if you are wondering more about these amazing berries they also pack a ton of additional benefits besides curing the common cold and flu:
- High in vitamin C: There are 6–35 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams of fruit,
- High in dietary fiber: Elderberries contain 7 grams of fiber per 100 grams of fresh berries
- A good source of phenolic acids: These compounds are powerful antioxidants that can help reduce damage from oxidative stress in the body
- A good source of flavonols: Elderberry contains the antioxidant flavonols quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin. The flowers contain up to 10 times more flavonols than the berries
- Rich in anthocyanins: These compounds give the fruit its characteristic dark black-purple color and are a strong antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects
Watch my youtube video here telling you all about it and showing you the real deal in person all while i have no makeup on and fighting this terrible summer cold <3
Follow her on Instagram to order at ELDERBERRYMAMAOC
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.