the discovery cube OC
Did you know?
The Discovery Science Foundation’s campuses and education programs serve as Southern California’s thrilling springboard into science. It’s an organization brimming with mind-growing activities, try-it-out experiments, and numerous other paths to pursuing scientific understanding. These engaging experiences have their basis in STEM education — Science! Technology! Engineering! Math — which helps the next generation of thinkers and makers dream bigger and bolder.
Did you know you can visit 3 different locations? We all know the one off the 5 freeway near Disneyland. They also have a discovery cube in LA, as well as an ocean quest discovery in Newport beach!
Read on to learn stuff you probably didn’t know existed in the cube and why it’s so great to bring your kids here to learn and explore! Plus inside tips to know before you go.
Parking is just $6.00 for the day and they accept credit cards and cash!
Children are $14.95 and adults are $19.95. All kids two and under are free! You can also save money when you have a large group or field trip by enquiring here.
However, the best way to save money is to buy the annual membership!
- Unlimited admission
- Access to THREE awesome campuses!
- Discounted guest tickets
- FREE or discounted admission to 300+ ASTC Science Centers
- Special invitations
- Summer Camp priority
- E-newsletter and Discoveries magazine
- Science Store and Bean Sprouts savings!
- 3-D Movie discounts
- Balboa Fun Zone!
Have an unforgettable birthday full of discovery, learning and play at Discovery Cube Orange County! Your party guests will spend the day exploring two floors of interactive exhibits and celebrate your special day in the Birthday Party Zone!
Starting at $225 for 15 guests
A night at the cube
Grab your sleeping bags and flashlights and get ready to spend a night at the Cube! Discovery Cube sleepovers are great for families and groups of all ages and include access to Discovery Cube exhibits, interactive activities, light evening snack, continental breakfast, a 3D movie and complimentary access to the Cube the following day.
$65 members and $75 for non-members
https://oc.discoverycube.org/exhibits/healthy-kitchen/Grab your chef’s hat and head to the Petersonville Healthy Kitchen for an interactive cooking class! Discovery Cube OC provides hands on cooking classes for family and friends to craft home-made recipes with direction from our chef and instructors. Learn about healthy living through helpful cooking and preparation techniques and food safety and handling.
No food demonstration is complete without samples and participants have the opportunity to try every dish featured during the demonstration!
*Children must be supervised by an adult.
know before you go:
- Strollers are allowed inside
- Bring hand sanitizer since the kids touch everything!
- Pack a lunch to eat outside in the dino area!
- If you forget lunch they have a great cafe you can visit and buy lunch.
- They have a pretty cute store with tons of toys, so be prepared to buy something or steer clear of the store!
- teachers get in FREE everyday!
- Santa Ana residents also get in free rad more here
- Every few months they do whole new theme and exhibit so check the website for the current theme!